The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced the revision of the SSC CGL 2023 selection process in the official notification. As per the reviewed SSC CGL selection process, there are three stages in the SSC CGL exam - Tier I, Tier II and Document Verification (DV).
The candidates must appear for all the stages of the SSC CGL exam. As per the revised SSC CGL selection process, the final selection is made based on marks in Tier I and Tier II. To know more about the SSC CGL selection process in 2022, read the full article below.
SSC CGL Selection Procedure: Overview
|Name of the exam||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Exam conducting authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CGL selection stages 2022||Tier I exam Tier II exam Document Verification (DV)|
|Mode of examination||Tier I exam: Online Tier II exam: Online|
SSC CGL Selection Process - Tier I
After filling the SSC examination form, the candidates are called for the SSC CGL Tier I exam of the SSC CGL selection process. As per the SSC CGL exam pattern, the Tier I exam has 100 questions for 200 marks. For every correct answer, the aspirants get 2 marks each and a 0.50 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. For more details, the aspirants can also take a look at the table below to understand the weightage of each section for each tier.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
SSC CGL Selection Process - Tier II
According to the SSC CGL exam pattern, the candidates who qualify for the CGL Tier I exam are eligible to appear for the Tier II and Tier III exam of the SSC CGL recruitment process. The Tier II exam comprises three papers - Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III.
he questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for the English Language & Comprehension module in Section II of Paper I. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer in Section I, Section II and Module I of Section III of Paper I. However, in Paper II and Paper III, 0.50 marks for each wrong answer will be deducted.
All three papers: Paper I, Paper II and Paper III will be conducted in separate shifts, and days. Some of the points to know before you appear for the SSC CGL Tier II exam are:
- Paper I is compulsory for all the posts, and it has three sections.
- In the SSC CGL Tier II exam, all the candidates will be required to appear in all three sections of Paper I
- Based on the aggregate performance in Section I and Section II of Paper I, candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of Section III of Paper I.
- The candidates who qualify Section I and Section II are required to appear for Section III i.e. Computer Knowledge and Data Entry Speed Test (DEST).
- Candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation will have to qualify for Tier 1 and appear for Paper II.
- Paper III will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
For more details about the SSC CGL Tier II selection process, check the table below.
|Paper||Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||Section I Module 1- Mathematics Module 2 -General Intelligence and Reasoning||30 30 Total= 60||60*3= 180|
|Section II Module 1 - English Language and Comprehension Module 2 - General Awareness||45 25 Total =70||70* 3= 210|
|Section III Module 1 -Computer Knowledge||20||20*3 =60|
|Module 2- Data Entry Speed Test||One Data Entry Task||—|
|Paper 2||Statistics||100||100*2= 200|
|Paper 3||General Studies (Economics and Finance)||100||100*2= 200|
SSC CGL Selection Process - Document Verification
Once the candidate qualifies Tier I and II examination, they are required to appear for Document Verification (DV) along with the photocopies and original documents. For Document Verification, candidates must bring along:
- Two passport-size recent colour photographs
- Original Photo ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar, Voter’s ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, ID Card issued by a University/ College/ School, Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU), Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence, Any other photo-bearing ID Card issued by the Central/ State Government).
Note: Before the declaration of the SSC CGL final result, the candidates must select their preference for various posts and departments through the Online Option Form on the official website.
Please know that if the candidate fails to select the preference for various posts, they will not be considered for a Post. Also, once the selected options are submitted successfully, they shall be treated as final and will not be changed subsequently under any circumstances.
SSC CGL Selection Process FAQs
Question 1: Is there any interview in the SSC CGL Selection Process?
Ans: As per the latest SSC CGL selection process, there is no SSC CGL interview conducted at any stage of the examination.
Question 2: How long does it take to complete all stages of the SSC CGL Recruitment Process?
Ans: As per the previous years' SSC CGL selection process trend, it takes around 1.5 to 2 years to complete the selection process from the date of notification.
Question 3: What is the selection process for the MEA post in SSC CGL Exam?
Ans: The selection process for all the posts under Staff Selection Commission remains the same as discussed above in the article. However, to be eligible for the post of Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in MEA, the candidate must rank amongst the top 200 of the All India Ranking. Here are a few tips to qualify for an ASO post in MEA:
- Set a target to achieve a 165+ score in Tier 1
- Try to score at least 370+ in Tier 2 of the SSC CGL Exam
Question 4: How many tiers are there in the SSC CGL selection process in 2023?
Ans: As per the revised SSC CGL selection process, the candidate must appear for Tier 1, and Tier 2 exams. Both Tier 1 & Tier 2 are online computer-based tests. To learn more about the selection process, you can read the article.
Question 5: What is the resolution of tie in the SSC CGL exam?
Ans: If two candidates obtain the same marks in Tier I and Tier II, then the SSC selection committee will follow the process mentioned below:
- The candidate with more marks in Tier II will be given priority
- If both the candidates score the same marks in Tier II exam, then the older candidate between the two will be given priority.
Question 6: What is the SSC CGL recruitment process for 2022?
Ans: SSC CGL selection process in 2022 comprises three stages: Tier I, Tier II, and Document Verification (DV).